The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we roundup the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• The Historic Preservation Review Board just designated the Washington Hilton Hotel as a historic landmark despite resistance from some members of the board and area residents. [DCmud]
• Bisnow gives readers the lowdown on green roofs, and takes a look at the installation process. [Bisnow Real Estate]
• Another neat video via Metrocentric! This week, it’s the interactive features of the building on 1110 Vermont Ave., NW. The light and music display are the work of well-known designer/architect Meejin Yoon. [Metrocentric]
• Local blog Renewshaw ventures into the world of home design with a post decrying fake shutters. Judging from the readers’ response, it may become a regular feature. [renewshaw]
• Arlington County has green-lit an affordable housing project in Ballston. [DCmud]