The Week in Real Estate
A round-up of real-estate news and gossip.
• Magic Johnson’s company is investing in an apartment and townhouse development in DC’s Petworth neighborhood, near the Georgia Avenue Metro stop. [WBJ]
• Ground has been broken at the former site of the Columbia Pike Safeway in Arlington. The site eventually will house a mixed-use development with more than 180 apartments. [DCMetrocentric]
• Construction of a 16-unit condominium building on Chapin Street, near Meridian Hill Park in DC, is underway. [DCMud]
• Speaking of Meridian Hill Park, neighborhood residents are growing impatient over the slow pace of the renovations at the park, which is set to reopen at the end of spring. [Columbia Heights News]
• Property on the “hot, hot, hot” 1300 block of Ninth Street in Northwest is for sale. Next to popular Shaw neighborhood nightspot BeBar, 1320 Ninth St. is up for grabs—with an asking price of $1.5 million. [Renewshaw]
• Prince of Petworth takes a peek inside the Highland Park apartments in DC’s Columbia Heights and likes what he sees. [Prince of Petworth]