• About $900,000 worth of grants are being allocated to the preservation of historic homes in Anacostia. [DC Metrocentric]
• The former site of Bob & Edith’s restaurant in Arlington might soon make room for an apartment building with ground-level retail space. [WBJ]
• The District’s property on the corner of Seventh Street and Rhode Island Avenue, NW, is set to house a mixed-use development with retail space and more than 100 apartment units. [DC Metrocentric ]
• New condo The Floridian’s choice of color is causing some strong reactions from neighbors. [PoP]
• Poll finds only 11 percent of Americans are currently looking to buy homes. [WBJ]
• Though still in the early stages, plans to bring a 10-story mixed-use development to U Street are being discussed. The development would replace the strip mall currently housing Rite Aid and Dollar Store. [DC Mudd]
For more posts on real estate and home design, click here.