This desk-and-file-cabinet duo, available in Columbia Heights, is a steal at $30. The dark wood desk is a simple, sleek design with almost four feet of tabletop space and three drawers. The matching two-drawer cabinet fits snuggly underneath, or can be pulled out for more leg room. Put it next to the desk and turn it into a printer stand.
Other good finds:
• Glass and wrought-iron dining table for $175
• Eight-by-ten Karastan rug for $650
• Oak butcher block for $99
• Two white bookcases for $600, or one for $325
• Pair of Dansk candlesticks for $70