• The Arlington County Board approved plans for Founder’s Square, a mixed-use development with office space, retail shops, condos, and apartments that will be built on a five-and-a-half acre stretch of land bounded by North Randolph Street, Wilson Boulevard, North Quincy Street, and 5th Road North. [arlingtonva.us]
• Remember the Howard Town Center project? Five real-estate teams are interested in developing the project. To be located three blocks from the Shaw Metro stop, Howard Town Center will include a grocery store, apartments, and retail space. [WBJ via Renewshaw]
• DCmud reports that the “last developable parcel of land” in Pentagon City will house Pentagon Centre, a mixed-used development across from the Pentagon City Metro station. Gone will be Borders, Marshalls, Besty Buy, and (say it ain’t so!) Costco.
• Leave it to the folks of Metrocentric to find this fun short clip of the construction at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History’s Ocean Hall. [Metrocentric]
• Money Magazine ranked Reston 37th on its list of 100 best small towns. For hilarious commentary, check out what Restonian has to say on the matter. [Restonian]
More>> Open House Blog | Homes | Real Estate