Style > Best Bargains Package
• Its lengthy selection can be tough to navigate, but longtime bargain favorite Bluefly.com keeps getting better. We’ve found everything from current-season Prada bags to Jimmy Choo stilettos, often 20 percent off or more. It’s worth it to sign up for the newsletter to stay on top of secret sales and extra discounts.
• You’ll find almost everything—from luggage sets to diamond studs to luxe bedding—on sale at Overstock.com. Our favorite part? Shipping is always $2.95, even on bulky orders like flat-screen TVs, dining-room sets, or overstuffed sofas.
• We were sad to see the shuttering of Cmart’s Landover branch but welcomed the discounter’s newest addition: Cmart.com. You can find many of the same great deals—recently, its ever-rotating stock included Fendi handbags and Sony camcorders—without trekking to the remaining Joppa outpost.
• If you can score an invitation from a current member to join Gilt.com, Ideeli.com, or Ruelala.com—trust us, it’s worth asking around or e-mailing the sites to request an invitation—you’ll get access to private online sample sales from such luxury brands as Marchesa and Cavalli.
• Sign up for Hautelook.com to get first dibs on private sales from upscale labels like Diane von Furstenberg and Tocca.
• Shoe shopping has never been easier thanks to megasites like Zappos.com, Endless.com, and Piperlime.com, which all offer free shipping and returns.