Flash your 'I Voted' sticker and get a free snack.
• From 5 to 10 PM at the new Art and Soul (415 New Jersey Ave., NW) on Capitol Hill, voters who order two cocktails ($8 to $14) can choose a free appetizer. On the menu are rockfish tacos, pork ribs, boardwalk fries, and a cheese plate.
• At Cleveland Park Italian spot Dino (3435 Connecticut Ave., NW; 202-686-2966), voters can tune into NPR’s election-night broadcast and get a free American-themed cheese plate featuring Jasper Hill’s Constant Bliss and Sweet Grass Dairy’s Double Cream. Bring proof of voting.
• At Gifford's Ice Cream & Candy Co. (Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Rockville, Hyattsville, and Downtown DC; giffords.com) voters will be rewarded with a free cup of hot chocolate.
• California Tortilla (multiple area locations; californiatortilla.com) is giving out free-taco coupons.
• Ben and Jerry’s (multiple area locations; benandjerrys.com) is handing out free scoops from 5 to 8 PM. Don’t fret if you lose your “I voted” sticker: According to its Web site, celebratory “I voted” dances will also be accepted.
• Krispy Kreme (multiple locations; krispykreme.com) is giving a free star-shaped donut with sprinkles to people with "I Voted" stickers.
• Starbucks (multiple locations; starbucks.com) is pouring free 12-ounce cups of drip coffee to those who say they voted.
• Voters in Virginia can grab a free chicken sandwich (or chicken biscuit in the morning) at participating Chick-fil-A (chik-fil-a.com) locations in Reston, Sterling, Woodbridge, Chantilly, and Dulles. In Maryland, no stores are taking part, but Chick-fil-A reps are at five polling stations near the Largo and Capital Heights restaurants offering free chicken biscuits and brownies to voters waiting in line.
• The DC branch of Books-a-Million (11 Dupont Cir., NW; 202-319-1374) is giving away a tall coffee—no proof of voting necessary. At the Hanover (7000 Arundel Mills Cir., Hanover; 443-755-0210) and Sterling (46301 Potomac Run Plaza West, Sterling; 703-450-8705) locations you still need to flash your sticker.
• Nosh on a free appetizer during happy hour at the Daily Grill (locations in Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Bethesda, and McLean; dailygrill.com). Happy hour times vary by location.
• Throughout the day, Good Stuff Eatery (303 Pennsylvania Ave., SE; 202-543-8222) is handing out free cookies or brownies to voters. Cookies come in gingerbread, cranberry/white-chocolate, and peanut butter, and brownies come in flavors such as coconut/chocolate, marble blondie, and dark-chocolate chip.
• Capital Hill seafood spot Johnny's Half Shell (400 North Capitol Street N.W.; 202-737-0400) is offering a Southern Strategy cocktail—a bourbon-based margarita—free to all customers.
• Beginning at 5 PM, servers at Charlie Palmer Steak (101 Constitution Ave NW; 202-547-8100) will be passing trays with complimentary veal ravioli.