About Washingtonian Today
Washingtonian Today is not just another political news roundup. Instead, this daily morning brief provides local context on national news, catches you up on what’s happening at Washingtonian, points you toward super duper awesome things to do around town, and lets you in on some special events going on in-house. Sign up here to receive Washingtonian Today in your inbox every morning.
Konnichiwa, Washingtonians! It’s Wednesday. Just two more days until the sweet release of Friday. The Blue, Orange, and Silver line continue to fail me; Washington archbishop Cardinal Wuerl is the subject of new misconduct probe; the jellyfish have gone missing; the weather is finally becoming bearable again. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more through the day.
FILM: The Avalon is screening the 2017 French film Montparnasse Bienvenüe (Jeune Femme). $12.50, 8 PM.
Today’s free fitness class, by Kim Olsen:
If you’re still wiping away tears from missing Beyoncé at FedEx Field, find solace in the fact that you can apply those dance moves you practiced all summer to a special Beyoncé dance class, part of Capitol Riverfront’s summer outdoor fitness series. Registration is required. 355 Water St., SE.
It’s a plan! Let’s catch up, shall we?
• As candidates gear up for a 2020 run, they’re beginning to pitch their platforms far and wide. John Delaney hopes he can win hearts with civility.
• Preliminary figures from the mayor’s office show that DC spent over $2.6 million on Unite the Right 2.
• New Yorkers will finally get a taste of home with this newest BBQ joint set to open in the District very soon.
• Hear ye, hear ye: Tiffany Trump has returned to Georgetown law and has a brand new job!
• The Washington Post‘s Twitter has been killing it, thanks to an all-star, and kind of bizarre, social team.
Stephen Miller’s chain migrant grandparent. (The Daily Beast)
Sarah Sanders dodgy when chatting about NDAs. (Politico)
Do the remains of the Occupy moment have legs? (GQ)
Take a break…
The case against the open floor plan. (CityLab)
News from home:
Be the coolest intern in your class. Nominate your office for Washingtonian’s Best Places to Work feature.
Get your questions in now for Ann Limpert’s chat this Friday at 11.
Pre-sale ticket packages for Taste of Georgetown are on sale now. You could be eating full cake sized cupcakes!