The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• …but, kind of good news: according to the National Association of Realtors, the southern region of the country (including DC, Virginia and Maryland) is fairing better than the national average. [WBJ]
• Three hundred bank-owned foreclosure properties, of which more than 100 are in the capital region, will be auctioned off starting February 3. [Urban Turf]
• Thirty homes around the city are being auctioned off by the local government today. Washington City Paper takes a look at some of the best bets. [Housing Complex]
• Though no start date has been set, plans for four high-rises on Eisenhower Avenue in Alexandria are moving along. [DCmud]
• Just how much is the White House worth? Hint: think in the hundreds of millions. [Zillow via Housing Complex]