The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• Developers and landowners are pushing for more development in the Tysons Corner area now that a Metro line to Dulles International Airport has been approved. [WaPo]
• Local governments are trying to get federal funding for green projects. The money would come from a $500 billion stimulus plan expected to pass next year. [WBJ via Housing Complex]
• A gingerbread house—now that’s the type of home we’d visit anytime! The Ritz Carlton in Pentagon City built the house, which required over 180 pounds of butter and 200 pounds of candy. [DCMetrocentric]
• A quick roundup of some of the area’s best open houses for the weekend. [UrbanTurf]
• The French Street Park in Arlington is getting a makeover. New features will include a community patio and designated plots for community gardens. [renewshaw]