Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• The Mercer, a high-rise condominium in Reston, is set to auction off one and two-bedroom apartments at more than 45 percent below the original asking prices. Ouch!
• A proposal to redevelop Alexandria’s Potomac Yard area to include more residential space—over 200 new townhouses and loft units—is currently under review. The City Council and the Planning Commission are expected to make a decision by spring of next year. [DcMud]
• 14th & You has an update on the redevelopment of the former Whitman-Walker Clinic building. Though a definite start date for construction has yet to be set by developers JBG Companies, the new building is set to feature about 130 residential units.
[14th & You]
• The Washington City Paper’s Housing Complex blog selects some future home choices for members of President-elect Obama’s staff. [Housing Complex]
• UrbanTurf takes a look at some of the lofts available in the area, and discusses the fundamental differences between DC and NYC lofts. [UrbanTurf]More>> Open House Blog | Homes | Real Estate