Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
Our round-up of real-estate news and gossip. We’ve got tomorrow off, so we’re posting this a day early.
• Plans to develop the First Church of Christ Scientist in Adams Morgan as a boutique hotel have been submitted to the Historic Preservation Review Board. [DCmud]
• The O Street Market in Shaw, long stuck in development limbo, is finally getting some attention: DC Mayor Adrian Fenty announced a $35-million finance package for the project. [DCmetrocentric]
• There’s talk of developing a nine-story, mixed-use project in Annandale (our hometown!). The building would be a nice commercial boost to the area, which, unlike other parts of Northern Virginia, has not seen much development recently. [WBJ]
• DCmud has an interview with architect Phil Esocoff, the man behind Capitol Hill’s Senate Square and the historic Greyhound Station. Esocoff talks about his favorite buildings and the city and discusses some upcoming projects. [DCmud]. Want more on the area’s best (and worst) buildings? Check out our interview with premier architecture critic Ben Forgey.
More>> Open House Blog | Homes | Real Estate
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Open House Blog