Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
A round-up of real-estate news and gossip.
• Wheaton’s getting a makeover! Construction at Metro Pointe, a mixed-use development by the Metro station, is moving along. Described as “five buildings connected together,” the project will feature more than 170 apartments. [DCMud]
• DC Metrocentric has a picture of the new glass exterior being added to the old Department of Transportation building (now known as Constitution Center). [DC Metrocentric]
• As we pointed out earlier this week, a 400-room luxury hotel will be built on the site of DC’s old Convention Center. Though discussions of a new library had been ongoing for some time, the city council chose to lease the land for the construction of the new hotel.
• The mayor is calling for mixed-use development proposals for the site of the former DC General Hospital along the Anacostia river. Responses are due August 1. [WBJ]
• Law firm Arent Fox announced that it will be the anchor tenant for the new building at 1000 Connecticut Avenue. Bisnow has some cool pictures of the old building, which is being torn down. [Bisnow on Business]. See renderings of the new building here.
• There’s a gorgeous five-bedroom house up for grabs in Columbia Heights (only a block away from Wonderland!). The catch: It costs more than a million dollars.[Prince of Petworth]
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Open House Blog
- From the Magazine
- Dining Out
- More from Open House Blog