Well+Being Blog > Healthy Recipes
Healthy Recipe: Sweet Potato and Apple Stacks
They make the perfect appetizer for two.
We may be well past fall, but there’s still time to stock up on crisp apples and sweet potatoes during the holidays. We whipped together a super simple recipe that makes use of that delicious produce before they go out of season.
All it requires is one tater and one apple—plus a little bit of playing with your food to make the final tasty treat.
Nutrition per serving: 290 calories, 12 grams fat (7.3 saturated), 12.7 milligrams sodium, 261. 7 milligrams potassium, 48 grams carbohydrates, 1.6 grams protein.
1 large sweet potato
1 large apple, cored
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice sweet potato into skinny slices using a mandolin or knife.
3. Slice apple the same way.
4. Coat a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Then, alternately line the sweet potato and apple slices side by side, with a slight overlap.
5. Drizzle the slices with cinnamon and honey. Drop two tablespoons of butter into the dish.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until slices are tender.
8. Using a fork, carefully pile the slices to make two stacks. Drizzle with more honey and serve warm.
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Well+Being Blog