With lows like today’s, we can’t blame you for wanting to snuggle up under every blanket in your house and not peek back out until May. It’s true that these super-soft warm throws and cozy-making goods aren’t gonna help you with this particular chill—but might we suggest stockpiling so you’re ready the next time a polar vortex heads our way? Read on for six of our favorite stay-warm essentials.
1) Crane mini fireplace heater, $89.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond and Home Rule (1807 14th St., NW; 202-797-5544).
2) Hudson Park faux-fur throws, $210 at Bloomingdale’s.
3) Sferra brushed cotton herringbone throws, $100 at Bloomingdale’s and Salt & Sundry (Union Market, 1309 5th St. NE; 202-556-1866).
4) Sydney Hale Company candle in Woodsmoke & Amber, $28 at Sydney Hale.
5) Bodum Eileen French press, $70 at Anthropologie.
6) 555-Gram cashmere throws, $149 to $249 at Restoration Hardware.