An occasional series of unfortunate experiences at well-known sites around DC.
Think a statue of the man who ended slavery surrounded by majestic pillars is beyond criticism? Think again. Despite its status as DC’s most-visited national landmark, the Lincoln Memorial still finds ways to underwhelm visitors. Here’s why it’s actually a huge white marble disgrace:
1. Obviously stole design from real life ancient things.
2. Stripping not allowed.
3. But all kinds of other behaviors are allowed.
4. Jungle-gym elements not fully realized.
5. Waste of good marble.
6. Not here for your Mr. Smith Goes To Washington fantasies.
7. Or your private viewing requests.
8. Duck holocaust at nearby reflecting pool.
9. At the end of the day, it’s just a man sitting in a big chair.
(Actual Legitimate Gripe: National Park Service toilet paper is the worst.)