In Food Money Sex, we ask anonymous Washingtonians to diary the food they ate, the money they spent, and the sex they had over the course of their weekends. On Mondays, we put it on the internet. This week:
- Does: Marketing, 45
- Lives: Arlington, VA with my daughter who lives with her dad/my ex-husband half the time (we have shared custody)
- Is: Female
- Makes: $225K
- Married? Divorced and seeing someone
- Friday: I met my personal trainer in the morning and then came home, showered, dressed and made an egg white scramble with roasted sweet potatoes, spinach, cherry tomatoes and goat cheese for breakfast and had that with coffee, half a grapefruit and veggie sausage. For lunch, I had one summer roll left over from the previous night’s Vietnamese take-out which I got at Huong Viet in Eden Center, a Daily Harvest smoothie—cold brew flavor which is one of my favorites of theirs and an Rx bar, coconut chocolate flavor. For dinner, I went to Chasin’ Tails with the guy I’m dating and had boiled shrimp and cajun fries.
- Saturday: I had a very late breakfast as I went to the gym first and didn’t make it there until around 11:30 and I’m one of those people that can’t eat before I work out. When I finally had breakfast it was around 1:30pm and I had a mini-bagel with cream cheese, half a grapefruit, yogurt, veggie sausage and coffee. I had an early evening snack around 6pm which was a rice cake with banana, peanut butter and a little honey drizzled on top. I went to a pool party on Saturday night but it didn’t start until after 9pm. I wasn’t sure what the food situation was going to be like there but I also didn’t want to eat too much since I was going to be in a bikini shortly so I had some Vietnamese beef salad (more take-out from Huong Viet)—low carbs!—before I left for the party. I ended up having one hot dog while I was at the pool party and far too many drinks, including several jello shots.
- Sunday: Shockingly and thankfully I didn’t have a hangover despite the number of drinks I had the night before. I got a late start due to being out late at the pool party (and morning sex with the guy I’m seeing) so I had to grab breakfast on the go in order to get my errands done on time. I had a venti cold brew and reduced-fat turkey bacon and egg white sandwich from Starbucks which I ate/drank in the car. I ate leftover Vietnamese food for lunch (beef salad) and dinner (grilled pork with rice vermicelli noodles).
Friday: I spent $85 to get my haircut and paid $5 to park on the street near the salon. I split the dinner bill at Chasin’ Tails; my share was $35. I gave my daughter $10 to use in case she needed it at a sleepover birthday party she went to on Friday night.
- Saturday: I spent $35 for take-out at Huong Viet. I also bought an Angie’s List deal online for $399 for 8 hours of handyman services to get some small repairs taken care of around my house. I spent $6 at McDonald’s for my daughter’s dinner before she went to another sleepover on Saturday night.
Sunday: Spent $8 at Starbucks and around $25 at the grocery store for some staples.
- Total: $608
- Friday: The guy I’m dating stayed over after dinner out on Friday. We typically always have sex in the morning if he spends the night and sometimes we’ll also have sex that night if we aren’t too tired, full and/or drunk. This particular Friday night he was asleep by the time I came out of the bathroom from brushing my teeth…
- Saturday: …so we just had sex the next morning (Saturday). We both were far too drunk to have sex after returning from the pool party on Saturday…
- Sunday: …so again we just had sex the next morning (Sunday). We generally don’t do “quickies,” but have pretty long and intense sex sessions (which I’m not complaining about!) as was the case both times we had sex this weekend and the reason for me getting a late start both weekend mornings :-).
Want to be featured in Food Money Sex? Introduce yourself in an email to email@example.com.