Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- See Photos from Our Cover Wedding at The Hay-Adams
- Elegant Spring Wedding at the Congressional Country Club
- Fall Engagement Photo Session in Georgetown
- The Best Processional Music for Your Ceremony
- Fall Elopement in Dumbarton Oaks Park
MOB Monday: Bridesmaid Snub
Our resident wedding etiquette expert, Leslie Milk, Washingtonian lifestyle editor and author of It’s Her Wedding But I’ll Cry If I Want To: A Survival Guide for the Mother of the Bride, answers questions from and about MOBs (or MOGs!)
My future daughter-in-law didn’t ask my daughter (her fiance’s sister) to be a bridesmaid. My daughter doesn’t seem to mind, but I’m pretty hurt. Do I speak up or let this slide?
Your daughter may be secretly thrilled that she doesn’t have to buy a dress she doesn’t like and probably won’t look good on her. She may not relish the prospect of participating in bridal showers and the bachelorette festivities. Being a bridesmaid for anyone but your nearest and dearest can be an overrated pleasure.
Do you have a wedding etiquette question for Leslie? E-mail email@example.com and we’ll get you the answer!
You Might Also Like ...
The Japanese retailer announced they will finally open in the DC Metro area.