Open House Blog
The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• Despite rumors that circulated earlier this week, Kate Gosselin of TLC’s popular show Jon & Kate Plus Eight will not be moving to Rockville anytime soon. [WaPo]
• Shiloh Baptist Church is selling two properties to fund a redevelopment project elsewhere. The properties, which have been vacant for years, have been the cause of much controversy between neighbors and church leaders. [DCist]
• UrbanTurf alerts us to RentedSpaces, a site recently launched by AOL that features apartment listings as well as information and tips for renters. [UrbanTurf]
• Check out this rendering of the new Deanwood Community Center and Library in upper Northeast. The facility is scheduled to open next year. [DCMetrocentric]
• The Office of Property Management is getting an image makeover courtesy of mayor Fenty. The agency’s name is being changed to the Department of Real Estate Services. [DCMud]