Beauty Must-Have: CC Creams
Move over, BB creams: There’s a new and improved alphabet cream on the market.
Attention, beauty junkies on the hunt for the next best thing: CC creams have finally made it big stateside.
Last year, the BB cream (that stands for beauty balm, or blemish balm), a tinted formula that multitasks as a moisturizer, serum, primer, foundation, and sunscreen, took the beauty market by storm, rapidly becoming a must-have for the busy beauty connoisseur.
Now, color-correcting creams—already a hit in Asia—have been slowly popping up in the US market. In addition to providing all the benefits of its BB predecessors, CC creams up the ante by claiming to reduce wrinkles as well as brighten and correct skin complexion. Read on for our roundup of the best CC creams out there. Rumor has it that body-focused DD Creams are already in the works—but no word yet on what magic they’ll work.
1) Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Tone Correcting CC Cream Moisturizer, $22.99 at CVS.
2) Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream, $42 at Nordstrom.
3) Lorac CC Cream, $28 at Ulta.
4) Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Colour Correcting Skin Protector, $35 at Macy’s.
5) Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream, $48 at Sephora.