Trust us on this one: You don’t want to buy the youngish new mom in your life the same Mother’s Day gift you would choose for your own mom. And just because she has a new baby doesn’t mean she’s lost her interest in personal style, either. Instead, choose a present that appeals to her cool side while offering a touch of luxe pampering or stylish practicality.
These 10 picks hit the mark:
1) She’s probably not wearing heels like she used to. Get her some sweet sneakers to run around in. Puma Match Lo leather sneakers, $65.
2) Can’t go wrong with a fancy candle she’d probably never buy for herself—bonus points if it’s made in France. This one was inspired by the lipstick worn by Byredo founder Ben Gorham’s own mother in the ’80s. Byredo Parfums Loose Lips candle, $80.
3) This yoga mat is printed with a colorful geometric pattern. La Vie Boheme Phoenix yoga mat, $83.
4) Get her initial—or better yet, the baby’s. Initial bar pendant necklace, $32.
5) This to-do notepad was illustrated by French fashion blogger Garance Doré. Rifle Paper Co. Gal-On-The-Go Notepad, $10.
6) Pamper her with a super-luxe hand cream from cult-fave beauty line Rodin, delicately scented with jasmine and neroli essential oils. Rodin luxury hand and body cream, $84.
7) She can dream of being Kondo-level organized someday, right? The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo, $9.34.
8) Coffee. She needs lots of coffee. Ban.do Hot Stuff thermal mug, $14.
10) Glow is hard to come by on little-to-no beauty sleep. Help her fake it with this set, which includes the all-natural line’s luminizer, cream eye shadow, lip/cheek color, and concealer. RMS Beauty Glowing Gift Set, $120.