As Washingtonian got ready for Friday’s Bike to Work Day, we realized we had enough bike-related content to fill an entire week. So fill a week we did. Here’s a rundown of all the bike-related articles we’ve published lately. As someone who’s been getting to work on two wheels since 2006, I sincerely hope they encourage you to try bike commuting. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but most of the time it’s one of the best parts of my day.
- How to Not Be an Obnoxious Cyclist: A happy commute begins with your attitude, says local bike-commuting guru Brian McEntee.
- See How Four Washingtonians Bike to Work: A collection of wisdom from local bike commuters, e.g., get “A very loud bell”!
- Quiz: Which Commuting Bike is Right for You?: An occasionally serious set of questions that could help you figure out what steed to choose. Visit your local bike shop to help refine the choice.
- How Capital Bikeshare Stacks Up Against Other Forms of Transportation: Depending on how far you’re going, Bikeshare can be an economical alternative to Metro. Another plus: You get to not be on Metro.
- 10 Creative, Design-Friendly Ways to Store a Bike: Bikes do not have to be clutter. Check out this sweet solution to incorporating them into your interior space.
- 17 Biking Apparel Pieces to Improve Your Ride on Bike to Work Day: Corollary to the above: Just because you ride a bike doesn’t mean you need to dress in Day Glo nylon gear that makes you look like a Bond supervillain’s henchman. How about this helmet–nice, right?
Want more fitness news? Sign up for our Health newsletter, and get fitness tips from local pros, learn how to make delicious, healthy meals, and more.