All dates are Monday evenings.
July 14 - Dr. No (1962)
July 21 - The Candidate (1972)
July 28 - Arsenic and Old Lace(1944)
August 4 - The Apartment (1960)
August 11 - Superman (1978)
For those new to the practice of sprawling out on the Mall, it might seem everyone else is more prepared than you: unpacking delicious spreads of goodies when you forgot to buy dinner or leaning back in comfy lawn chairs when you’re without even a blanket. But don’t get jealous—there are some easy ways to better enjoy the show.
1. A blanket is a must, but if you don’t want to invest in, or carry around, chairs—low chairs, mind you—then a pillow is key to being able to lounge and still see the screen.
2. Arriving anywhere from one to three hours before the show is part of the experience—spots front and center go to the early birds—so aside from enjoying a picnic dinner, bringing a deck of cards is a good way to make the time fly.
3. For those who forget to bring food, concession stands around the Mall sell snacks such as French fries and ice cream; $3 gets you a lemon or raspberry Italian ice.
4. After eating, wet naps and bug spray will make all the difference when the sun goes down.
5. Plan to stay late—the show doesn’t start until after sunset, around 8:30 PM these days.
The Month of July in Film
Dining at Museums Near the Mall
Arts & Events | Happy Hour Finder | Calendar of Events