6. At Fashion Fights Poverty’s ReUse Fashion Swap on Saturday, you can score some new swag and feel good about yourself to boot. Head to the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel from noon to 5 to donate, exchange, or consign your clothes. Admission is free, but you have to bring goods to swap. RSVP at email@example.com.
7. More cosmic celebration Saturday at the Kennedy Center: Two free performances of Space Panorama at 2 and 7:30 will recreate the moon landing using only Andrew Dawson’s hands and a table—no kidding. The performance is accompanied by Shostakovich’s 10th Symphony and dramatic narration. The event is free, but tickets are required. Details are here.
8. This seems to be a nostalgic week—make it a weekend of the ’80s with Right Round Up!, an ’80s alt-pop dance night at the Black Cat. DJ lil’e spins starting at 9:30; cover is $10, which is the cost of, like, three Slinkies.
9. There’s more to pouring a beer than just tilting the glass. Learn all about it Saturday at Belga Café with the Perfect Pour with Stella Artois from 2 to 6. Beers, including pouring instruction, are $5 each.
10. Think you got moves in the pool? Head to the Capitol Skyline Hotel pool at 6 PM on Sunday to watch one of Washington’s only synchronized-swimming competitions. Afterward, head down to the lounge to watch experimental videos presented by Conner Contemporary Art. Admission is free.
More>> After Hours Blog | Arts & Events | Happy Hour Finder | Calendar of Events