Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
A round-up of real-estate news and gossip.
• Could repairs to the dilapidated house on the 1300 block of Girard Street, NW, belonging to Ward 1 activists Dorothy Brizill and Gary Imhoff finally be underway? [New Columbia Heights]
• With plans for the construction of a sports complex near Crystal City given the green light, the Arlington County Board is now trying to find a way to raise enough money to cover the project’s cost, estimated at more than $100 million. [Washington Post via What’s Up Arlington]
• Call it denial: Live on the Red Line alerts us to a real estate Web site with a positive attitude about the housing market. [Live on the Red Line]
• The city’s Department of Employment Services could soon be relocating to the Benning Road/Minnesota Avenue area. Plans for the construction of a five-story building to serve as the DES’s new headquarters were submitted to the National Planning Comission yesterday. [DCmud]
• Restonian rightfully mocks a realtor’s desperate and disingenuous attempt to entice potential buyers. [Restonian]
more from Washingtonian
Buffer: Error #102 occurred. More info here.