Shop Around Blog > Aureta
Aureta: The Beginning of Gala Season
Our columnist gets fancy while honoring her Albanian heritage.
Greetings! Fall is upon us, and so starts the ball and gala season. Last week, after spending time in Florida with my family, I flew to New York City for the National Albanian American Council’s (NAAC) 16th Annual Awards Gala celebrating 100 years of Albanian independence. NAAC is an organization dedicated to advocating for Albanians and promoting peace and economic development in the Balkans by fostering democratic policy, promoting respect for human rights, and conducting education and developmental programs. In fact, their work is so important globally, NAAC has been directly recognized by President Obama. As a proud Albanian-American, I was honored to spend an unforgettable night with friends, colleagues and special guests including the President of Albania, singers, actors, TV personalities from the Balkans (including Kosovo, Macedonia, and Montenegro), and honorable ambassadors, deputies, and ministers from around the world. Cheers to Albania’s 100th anniversary!
1) Wearing a Michael Kors skirt and top
2) From left: Anabel magazine editor in chief Dalina Buzi, singer Dafina Zeqiri, TV host Arbana Osmani, photographer Fadil Berisha, Miss Universe Kosovo 2012 Diana Avdiu, and second runner-up Miss Universe 2009 Gona Dragusha.
3) With Albanian President Bujar Nishani and Arbana Osmani.
4) The NAAC event was held at the beautiful Gotham Hall in New York City—that’s the eagle from the Albanian flag.
5) Dancing the night away with Gona Dragusha.
6) From left: Miss Universe Kosovo 2011 Aferdita Dreshaj and model Tika Ivezaj.More Aureta:
Scenes from New York Fashion Week
On Being Photographed by Bill Cunningham
Aureta’s 10 Best Outfits
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Shop Around Blog
- From the Magazine
- Dining Out
- More from Shop Around Blog