Shop Around Blog > Hair & Beauty|Hair & Makeup
7 NYE-Ready Party Makeup Favorites
Lots of glitter and a swipe of red lipstick, of course.
If there’s ever a time to fearlessly don the glittery-est of makeup, it’s New Year’s Eve, right? That’s not to say you get carte blanche to load up on glitter eye shadow, sparkly lip gloss, and shimmery bronzer at once—but a good dose of something über-shiny worn with an otherwise neutral face is perfectly apropos. Read on for a few of our favorite sparkle-fest products.
1) This limited-edition lacquer is a sheer black with bits of hexagon-shaped gold glitter. Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York nail polish, $19 at Sephora.
2) This metallic Stila eyeshadow is majorly high-impact with its wet-look foil finish. (We’re partial to the vintage black-gold hue.) Use the included liquid primer to ensure it stays put well-past the ball drop. Stila Magnificent Metals eye shadow, $32 at Sephora.
3) Create a light-catching streak of glimmer with a sparkle-infused liquid liner. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner, $19 at Sephora.
4) Red lipstick is a high-glamour go-to for a reason, and Chanel’s is a forever-best. Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion, $34 at Chanel and Saks Fifth Avenue stores.
5) Go full-on glam with falsies. Illamasqua lashes, $15 at Bloomingdale’s.
6) Dust on a radiant gold-flecked powder for a luminous glow. Marc Jacobs Lightshow Luminizing powder, $29.50 at Sephora.
7) A swipe of this peachy-golden lip gloss lends a soft, sheer, and sophisticated sparkle. Wear alone for just a hint of shimmer or layer to enhance a bold hue. Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Gold Digger, $26 at Nars.
You Might Also Like:
15 Glamorous Gifts for the Beauty Junkie
20 Under-$100 Party Dresses for New Year’s Eve
5 Things I Can’t Live Without: Best of 2013