Yes, the frenzy of Fashion Week has now left our shores and headed to the bright lights of London and Milan. But that doesn’t mean we have to give up on glitzy fashion shows here in Washington. On the docket this weekend: All-Access Fashion at Tysons Galleria in McLean, Virgina. The annual weekend-long extravaganza opens to the public tomorrow night (Friday, September 28) at 7 with an Intermix runway show hosted by none other than Eric Daman, the man behind the over-the-top ensembles you’ve seen on Gossip Girl (and what you will see on The Carrie Diaries, the yet-to-debut prequel to Sex and the City).
Another full day of runway shows and presentations kicks off at noon on Saturday with Ann Taylor (other shows we’re looking forward to: Karen Millen at 5 and Ermenegildo Zegna at 7). Other Saturday, September 29th highlights:
• Gifts with purchase of $250 or more and cocktails will be handed out at 7 for All Mankind starting at 4 PM.
• Beauty consults are happening at the new Emporio Armani store (Giorgi Armani foundation is the best of the best; call 703-761-3103 to schedule an appointment to try it for yourself).
• Fashion Star winner Kara Laricks is hanging out at the Macy’s Impulse department (level two) starting at 2.
• Elie Tahari is offering $100 off purchases of $400 or more, plus catered food and beverages.
• The DC Scout Style Lounge at Nicole Miller promises drinks and good times.
• Stuart Weitzman is hosting a book signing with Anne Browning Walker (author of The Booby Trap) and giving away free stationery sets with any purchase.
For more information and a complete list of sales and events, visit the All-Access Fashion website.