Shop Around Blog > Trend Spotting
Trend Spotting: The Loafer Pump
Our beloved smoking slipper goes glam.
First came the menswear-inspired (and oh-so-comfortable) smoking slipper, which took over as the cool girl’s go-to flat in record time. But that was last year. Next up? The smoking slipper’s glam older sister, featuring the same loafer-ish silhouette propped up on a spindly or stacked heel. We’re digging the boy-meets-girl attitude of this sophisticated style in a major way—and envisioning these beauts worn with skinny denim and dresses alike. Read on for six versions we love.
1) In our dream world, we’d buy these (super splurgey) patent leather studded stunners. Valentino studded loafers, $1,345 at SSense.
2) The oxblood hue, open toe and detailed stiletto take you straight into fall. BCBG Demie pump, $224.99 at Nordstrom.
3) The babies that launched our obsession. A contrasting bow detail, patent finish and extended tongue give these loafers a refined, über-sophisticated vibe. Lanvin patent loafers, $995 at Neiman Marcus.
4) The shimmery finish turns this style into a perfectly modern evening option. Joan & David Aza pump, $179.95 at Nordstrom.
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Shop Around Blog