About Washingtonian Today
Washingtonian Today is not just another political news roundup. Instead, this daily morning brief provides local context on national news, catches you up on what’s happening at Washingtonian, points you toward super duper awesome things to do around town, and lets you in on some special events going on in-house. Sign up here to receive Washingtonian Today in your inbox every morning.
Hello, dear Washingtonians, it is Friday Jr. (Yes, I’m still trying to make it a thing.) I’ve adopted a newfound appreciation for the city’s efficient bus routes, as the Metro continues to single-track; the revered (or infamous?) Pumpkin Spice Latte returns to Starbucks; National Airport briefly lost power last night; Paul Manafort‘s case goes to jury; enjoyable, temperate weather meanders into the District before we’re greeted by crippling and bitter colds in this fall. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more through the day.
PUPPETS: In 1930, Federico García Lorca wrote a play to be performed by puppets. That puppet play is called Don Cristóbal. 4618 14th St., NW, 8 PM, $18-30.
Today’s free fitness class, by Kim Olsen:
MedStar and TW Training and Wellness have teamed up on a workshop at Pacers Running 14 Street geared toward answering the always confusing questions of how to fuel before, during, and after your runs while training for a half or full marathon. Space is limited so RSVP here. 1821 14th St., NW.
It’s a plan! Let’s catch up, shall we?
• Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. How’d local boxer Troy Isley rise to the top? Click the link below and see.
• Everything you ever need to know about Alexandria, the suburb next door packed with tons of activities you can do with your “significant other.” Whatever that is!
• If you want to eat sexy vegetables like a José Andrés associate, look no further. Here’s a food diary from Think Food Group’s chief of produce, Bennett Haynes.
• Attention you brunch-loving readers!!! You can build-your-own lobster rolls at Blue Duck Tavern. This is not a drill.
• I scream, you scream, we all scream for deep-fried ice cream.
Trump’s latest silencing tactic? Revoking security clearances. (Time)
Rudy Giuliani is ready to take his fights to the Supreme Court. (Washington Post)
Metro workers win an $82 million wage increase! (DCist)
Take a break…
Inside the life and marriage of George and Kellyanne Conway. (Washington Post)
News from home:
Honestly, I don’t know why you’re showing up to work if you don’t nominate your office for Washingtonian’s Best Places to Work feature.
Get your questions in now for Ann Limpert’s chat this Friday at 11.
Pre-sale ticket packages for Taste of Georgetown are on sale now.