Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Real Wedding: Caroline Manne and Kyle Herrig
- Late Summer-Nuptials at a Historic Home in Leesburg
- A Farm Wedding Featuring an Adorable French Bulldog
- Real Wedding: Elena Taube and Paul Bailey
- An Elegant Outdoor Celebration at Sunset Crest Manor
- Washingtonian Bride & Groom Unveiled 2015 Is Almost Here
Pulling Together a Wedding During a Natural Disaster: The Video
The behind-the-scenes video of a wedding held during Snowmageddon 2010.
As part of our November “My First Time” series, we shared the story of wedding planner Jaime Greenwald of Gala Design Group and her team, who coordinated a backyard wedding during the February snowstorm of 2010 (known as “snowpocalypse” or “snowmageddon” depending on whom you talk to). Clearly, we’re into natural-disaster weddings here at Washingtonian, but this one was particularly incredible—the tents collapsed, and the entire wedding had to be moved indoors in just hours.
Silver Spring videography company Blue Sky Films, one of the other vendors at the wedding, filmed the preparation and drama leading up to the big event—and yes, the couple did go on with the show (even though only 75 of the planned 450 guests were able to make it!). Check out the behind-the-scenes video below:
You Might Also Like ...
Get the scoop on a month of celebrations at the Georgetown boutique.
The company celebrates the grand opening of its latest store with giveaways.