Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Pretty in Pink Wedding at The Mayflower Hotel
- San Francisco 49er Antoine Bethea Married His College Sweetheart Samantha at the Ronald Reagan Building
- Katherine Kennedy Wore Her Mother's Gown at Her Winter Wedding
- "Curvy Brides" Premiers on TLC on Friday
- Pink and Blue Virginia Country Club Wedding
Pulling Together a Wedding During a Natural Disaster: The Video
The behind-the-scenes video of a wedding held during Snowmageddon 2010.
As part of our November “My First Time” series, we shared the story of wedding planner Jaime Greenwald of Gala Design Group and her team, who coordinated a backyard wedding during the February snowstorm of 2010 (known as “snowpocalypse” or “snowmageddon” depending on whom you talk to). Clearly, we’re into natural-disaster weddings here at Washingtonian, but this one was particularly incredible—the tents collapsed, and the entire wedding had to be moved indoors in just hours.
Silver Spring videography company Blue Sky Films, one of the other vendors at the wedding, filmed the preparation and drama leading up to the big event—and yes, the couple did go on with the show (even though only 75 of the planned 450 guests were able to make it!). Check out the behind-the-scenes video below:
You Might Also Like ...
Washington women can hunt down the perfect pair at the new shop in Pentagon City Nordstrom.
Make a batch of these pastries for a mom-approved breakfast or brunch.