Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Two Law Students Tied the Knot at DAR Constitution Hall
- Preppy Black and White Wedding at the Carnegie Institution for Science
- Rustic Barn Wedding in Virginia
- Wedding Announcement: Sunlen and Alexis
- How to Feed Your Picky Wedding Guests
Real Wedding: Ryan Zimmerman Suits Up for Love on the Cover of “Bride & Groom”
Find exclusive photos of the Nats star’s wedding to Heather Downen in the new issue.
Nationals fans are accustomed to seeing Ryan Zimmerman in a gritty mode—suited up for playing third base, and sliding into home after hitting a run. But on the cover of the new issue of Washington Bride & Groom it’s a completely different look—Zimmerman as the marrying man, with exclusive photos from his marriage to Heather Downen in January.
Some romantic morsels:
How they met: Through mutual friends
Where they got engaged: The Lincoln Memorial
Where they got married: The Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium
Honeymoon: Cape Town, South Africa, and Mozambique
Heather: “The longer I was with Ryan, the more I realized how different and wonderful he was.”
Ryan: “From the moment we were together, everything was so easy, natural, and fun. I could tell quickly that Heather was special.”
The latest issue of Bride & Groom is on newsstands Friday, June 14.