Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Two Law Students Tied the Knot at DAR Constitution Hall
- Preppy Black and White Wedding at the Carnegie Institution for Science
- Rustic Barn Wedding in Virginia
- Wedding Announcement: Sunlen and Alexis
- How to Feed Your Picky Wedding Guests
The Slice: Daily Wedding Inspiration
One sweet piece of wedding inspiration per day
A HAPPY, HAPPY FIRST DANCE SONG
Ah, the first dance as husband and wife. Big moment, no? While there's nothing wrong with a practiced-to-death box step to classics like Etta James' At Last, there's also nothing wrong with reflecting a less-serious state-of-mind. That's precisely why we'll be twirling along—bad dance moves and all—to Ingrid Michaelson's You and I. The lyrics to this little ditty reflect everything we think a young, modern love should strive to be—one part innocent, two parts totally head-over-heels for eachother, and three parts ready to share the happiness those feelings bring with the rest of the world. We especially love the line "We will put the lonesome on the shelf", as well as the chorus, which cheerfully reflects a couple's desire to build a joyful, successful life together, and then spread that love to parents and the people around them. Perhaps that'd be the ideal moment to encourage guests to sing along?
Available for purchase on iTunes.