Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Engagement Photos: Jessica Lagoy and Kevin Cullen
- Real Wedding: Kathleen Krackenberger and Scott Baker
- Engagement Photos: Vanessa Schutz and Neal McDonald
- Engagement Photos: Casey Linsey and Travis Wells
- Real Wedding: Elizabeth and Brian Young
- Take Wedding Guests Out on the Town With DC Insider Tours
Bright, Sunshiny Cake
C’mon, get happy with this cheery yellow wedding cake.
Traditional meets modern in this wedding cake. Photograph by Grogan's Photo Image
If this gloomy weather has you feeling a little down, we’re hoping this cheery yellow wedding cake will brighten your day! Created by Zane Beg of the Sweet Life in Annandale (you may recognize these guys from the Food Network Challenge), the cake’s pattern was inspired by the look of vintage lace to honor one bride’s grandmother. We’ve noticed that yellow has replaced pink as the hot DC wedding color of the moment, and we’re loving how this cake mixes the modern hue with a traditional design.
To check out more of the Sweet Life’s fabulous cakes, visit the company’s Web site.
Would you serve this cake at your wedding? Let us know in the comments!
You Might Also Like ...
Get the scoop on a month of celebrations at the Georgetown boutique.
The company celebrates the grand opening of its latest store with giveaways.