Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Preppy Black and White Wedding at the Carnegie Institution for Science
- Expert Advice: Shopping for Engagement Rings Online vs. In Store
- Nautical Pink and Blue Eastern Shore Wedding
- The 30 Best First Dance Songs
- Rustic Waterfront Wedding at Kent Manor Inn
Real Weddings: Melody Barnes & Marland Buckner
Married July 13, 2009, at the Peoples Congregational United Church of Christ; Washington, DC.Photograph by Greg Gibson Photography.
>> Click here for more photos from Melody and Marland's wedding
OCCUPATIONS She's the director of the Domestic Policy Council; he's a lobbyist HOMETOWNS She's from Richmond; he's from Saskatchewan, Canada HOW THEY MET Through mutual friends FIRST DATE Dinner at Brasserie Beck FAVORITE RESTAURANT Blue Duck Tavern, Washington WHERE THEY GOT ENGAGED At Melody's parents' home on Christmas Day WEDDING COCKTAIL Champagne WEDDING CAKE Pound cake and carrot cake WEDDING FLOWERS Peonies, roses, and orchids FAVORITE WEDDING DETAIL The beautiful balcony at the Mellon Auditorium where most of the guests gathered at the evening's end BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE WEDDING The gospel choir bursting into song as they exited the church sanctuary FIRST DANCE SONG "Over the Rainbow" by Eva Cassidy FOUR WORDS THAT DESCRIBE THE WEDDING Joyful, warm, spiritual, and perfect HONEYMOON SPOT Montreal for the International Jazz Festival WHERE THEY CURRENTLY LIVE Washington, DC