Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Preppy Black and White Wedding at the Carnegie Institution for Science
- Expert Advice: Shopping for Engagement Rings Online vs. In Store
- Nautical Pink and Blue Eastern Shore Wedding
- The 30 Best First Dance Songs
- Rustic Waterfront Wedding at Kent Manor Inn
Real Weddings: Eliza Simon & Micah Ratner
Married December 31, 2009 at Sixth & I Historic SynagoguePhotograph by Jennifer Domenick/Love Life Images.
Occupations: She's a political organizer for a non-profit; he's an attorney. Hometowns: She's from Washington; he's from Asheville, NC. How they met: Working for the Same non-profit. How they met: Working for the same non-profit. First Date: Disco bowling and dinner at Wendy's. Where they got engaged: At home in Washington. Wedding cake: Carrot cake with fondant icing. Wedding flowers: Orchids, roses, and calla lilies. Favorite wedding detail: The "snapshot studio" where guests took photo booth-style pictures. Also, Rabbi Robert Ratner, the groom's father, was the wedding officiant. Biggest surprise of the wedding: The bride's 11-year-old cousin serenading the couple at the reception. First dance song: "Deed I do" by Blossom Dearie. Wedding theme: A new year and a new life. Four words that describe the wedding: Joyful, colorful, personal, and fun. Honeymoon spot: Southeast Asia, Nepal, and India. Where they currently live: Washington.