Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Real Wedding: Caroline Manne and Kyle Herrig
- Late Summer-Nuptials at a Historic Home in Leesburg
- A Farm Wedding Featuring an Adorable French Bulldog
- Real Wedding: Elena Taube and Paul Bailey
- An Elegant Outdoor Celebration at Sunset Crest Manor
- Washingtonian Bride & Groom Unveiled 2015 Is Almost Here
Chat Recap: This One’s For Mom
Learn how to deal with sometimes-sticky mother-daughter relations during planning.To the reader who during today’s live chat complained about wearing a veil at your wedding: I hear you. They’re so outdated. But if your mom is insisting, Washingtonian editor Leslie Milk—author of It’s Her Wedding, But I’ll Cry If I Want To: A Survival Guide for the Mother of the Bride—shared some great how-to-compromise advice. She also talked about where to buy mother-of-the-bride dresses (hint: never use that term), how to deal with drunk relatives, and more. Read the transcript here.
Next week: A jeweler talks engagement rings. Submit your questions now.
Want more Washingtonian.com online chats? Check out past Q&As with everyone from bartenders to other wedding pros, and submit questions to upcoming chats.
You Might Also Like ...
Get the scoop on a month of celebrations at the Georgetown boutique.
The company celebrates the grand opening of its latest store with giveaways.