Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Preppy Black and White Wedding at the Carnegie Institution for Science
- Expert Advice: Shopping for Engagement Rings Online vs. In Store
- Nautical Pink and Blue Eastern Shore Wedding
- The 30 Best First Dance Songs
- Rustic Waterfront Wedding at Kent Manor Inn
Chat Recap: This One’s For Mom
Learn how to deal with sometimes-sticky mother-daughter relations during planning.To the reader who during today’s live chat complained about wearing a veil at your wedding: I hear you. They’re so outdated. But if your mom is insisting, Washingtonian editor Leslie Milk—author of It’s Her Wedding, But I’ll Cry If I Want To: A Survival Guide for the Mother of the Bride—shared some great how-to-compromise advice. She also talked about where to buy mother-of-the-bride dresses (hint: never use that term), how to deal with drunk relatives, and more. Read the transcript here.
Next week: A jeweler talks engagement rings. Submit your questions now.
Want more Washingtonian.com online chats? Check out past Q&As with everyone from bartenders to other wedding pros, and submit questions to upcoming chats.
You Might Also Like ...
Washington women can hunt down the perfect pair at the new shop in Pentagon City Nordstrom.
Make a batch of these pastries for a mom-approved breakfast or brunch.