Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- San Francisco 49er Antoine Bethea Married His College Sweetheart Samantha at the Ronald Reagan Building
- Elegant Spring Wedding at the Congressional Country Club
- Pretty in Pink Wedding at The Mayflower Hotel
- Katherine Kennedy Wore Her Mother's Gown at Her Winter Wedding
- See Photos from Our Cover Wedding at The Hay-Adams
Cartoon Map Save-the-Dates
An Annapolis artist creates cheeky personalized announcements worthy of a newspaper’s funny pages.
We’ve all seen those gorgeous, calligraphed save-the-date maps by Laura Hooper and Stephannie Barba, but here’s a different spin on the trend. Annapolis cartoonist Jim Hunt, who draws editorial cartoons for the Charlotte Post and has done work for MAD Magazine, creates whimsical save-the-date that are more comical than classic. The maps can be as detailed as you’d like and can also include sweet personal touches (check out one couple’s dogs, sketched here on a save-the-date for a wedding at the Homestead in Hot Springs, Va.). It’s a nontraditional and slightly cheeky, but will surely bring a smile to your guests’ faces. And, Hunt tells me that he’s never done a save-the-date map of DC—so yours could be the first! Visit Hunt’s website for more details.
You Might Also Like ...
Washington women can hunt down the perfect pair at the new shop in Pentagon City Nordstrom.
Make a batch of these pastries for a mom-approved breakfast or brunch.